Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature on the Aretmis Reader, covering a wide range of topics. Look for more Top Ten Tuesdays here!
So this is really a (belated) Top Five Tuesday – because I am not going to be overall ambitions and assume I can read 10 books while on a 7 day trip to Turks and Caicos! Here are five books I plan on reading while I sit on a white sandy beach, hiding my pale skin from too much sun and sipping a rum punch!
- A Conjuring of Light by VE Schwab – So excited to have this fresh new hardcover to take down with me. I can’t wait to jump back into the finale of this series. Definitely looking forward to everything about this book.
- The Guineveres by Sarah Domet – I saw this at Barnes & Noble, but decided to grab a digital copy via my library for traveling purposes. I’m intrigued by the plot. It
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas – FINALLY. I’ve had this paperback on my shelf for well over a year and I’m finally going to sit down and read it.
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir – Another book I’ve had on my TBR list, I ordered the paperback a few days ago. A friend read it and told me I need to make time to read this.
- A Twist in Time by Julie McElwin – I’m currently reading the first book (A Murder in Time) and I was given an advanced copy by NetGalley back in early February. I’m enjoying the first book so far!
I plan on (hopefully) reading another large chunk of War & Peace, and finishing A Murder in Time between now and the plane ride. Matt Wallace’s Idle Ingredients, forth in the Sin du Jour series is already loaded onto my iPad. Also bringing one of my reading goal books from the January round-up – so that March can be the month where I actually finish some books! I’m looking forward to an uninterrupted week of great food, sun, sand and of course a few rum punches. I spent a large majority of February with two colds and now a neck injury (thanks to hacking up a lung with each cough), so hopefully the sun and salt water will cure me!
Are you traveling somewhere fun this year? What are your vacation (or stay-cation) reads?