Five books I’ll never read under any kind of circumstances. Enjoy!
5. Lord of the Rings – J.R.R. Tolkien. While I love high fantasy, I don’t think I’ll ever manage to get through this trilogy. I have read the Hobbit, so at least there is that.
4. Wuthering Heights – Emily Bronte. I attempted to read this back in high school and all attempts were unsuccessfully. I watched the movie instead and was so glad I didn’t read it. I hate every single character in this book.
3. Romance, the entire genre. I have a coworker who only reads books in the romance genre. Whenever I have a few days off she’ll shove a well loved paperpack with some kind of half-dressed man on the cover and demand I’ll read it. I don’t. This genre is just so unappealing to me in all forms.
2. Shatter Me -Tahereh Mafi. I’ve seen this on a lot of “must read” lists but I won’t be reading this series. A friend picked this up as a fun book to read while she completed her thesis and ended up enjoying it purely because the writing was horrible – i mean who crosses stuff out throughout the book? No thank you.
1. Books 3 on of Game of Thrones – GRR Martin. I really enjoyed the first two in the series, and I love the HBO series. But I’m not going to wait around for Martin to finish this series. The truth is he’s an older man with lots of ailments, who doesn’t outline his stories and often throws away hundreds and hundreds of pages at a time. I just can’t get behind someone who is going to be rewarded for professional irresponsibility – you made a career