I am always interested in discovering new books from authors or publishers. But please keep in mind the following before you make a request:
- The genres I most enjoy are
- science fiction
- new adult fantasy
- urban fantasy
- historical fiction.
- I do not have a preference for adult vs young adult, I enjoy both!
- I do not read books in a series out of order, so please don’t send sequels unless you know I’ve enjoyed the previous novels, or are also able to send the preceding books.
- It is at my discretion which requests I will accept or decline. Upon acceptance, I will provide my honest and full opinion of the work I am reviewing.
- I have a full-time dream job. This job requires evening, weekend, and travel. I’ll do my best to meet all deadlines and work best when deadlines are clearly communicated. Please be advised.
- Providing me with a copy of the book increases the chance that I review the book. I prefer a hard copy, but also accept ePub format books as well.
Please send an email to email@example.com with “REVIEW REQUEST” as the subject line. All emails not marked appropriately with this subject line will not be responded to in the requisite 48-hour answer window.
I rate books on a scale of 1 to 5 stars. Below is a basic explanation of what that means.
★★★★★ | Truly loved this piece of work, and went above and in beyond in all aspects: characters, writing, and plot.
★★★★ | Thoroughly enjoyed, but had a few issues with specific components of character, writing, and/or plot.
★★★ | Enjoyed, but something was off/missing/incomplete about the work as a whole.
★★ | Not for me, had trouble with critical aspects of the work.
★ | Did not enjoy at all, but managed to finish.
No stars | Did not finish.
Most reviews will be spoiler-free. Spoiler notices can be seen in BOLD RED TYPE below the provided summary. If you wish to avoid spoilers please stop reading. A hidden spoiler version will be available on Goodreads.
Reviews are generally posted within a week of finishing the book. As of August 2020, I am working through a backlog of reviews from pre-Covid life and a return to blogging more regularly. You will see reviews from earlier this year. In cases where I’ve finished a series and the previous books have not yet been reviewed, I will do a series review.
All photos that appear on the @artemisreader instagram account belong to Artemis alone. Please ask permission before you post any of these photographs. Photographs/images taken from any other site will accompany proper notation.