I read two out of my five May TBR list, did not finish two books and re-read three books (oddly in time for a Hunger Games prequel release!).
- The Court of Miracles (The Court of Miracles, #1) by Kester Grant ★★★
- These Rebel Waves (These Rebel Waves, #1) by Sarah Raasch *DNF
- The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins ★★★★
- Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins ★★★★
- Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins ★★★★
- Chosen Ones (Chosen Ones, #1) by Veronica Roth ★★★★
- Once Upon a River by Diane Setterfield *DNF
- Dark Matter by Blake Crouch ★★★★
Dark Matter really blew me away. The reviews were so positive but I really did not think I would finish this so quickly. I read about two chapters at the start of the month and then pushed to finish a few other library books (and a re-read of the Hunger Games series) before I turned my attention back to it. I read about 250 pages in one day and kept my adrenaline pumping long after I finished.
Chosen Ones was a surprise. I liked the first Divergent book, but the rest of the series was a disappointment (and the films were meh).
I could not get interested in These Rebel Waves or Once Upon a Time. The latter was on my to-read list for this year. I’ve read Thirteenth Tale by Setterfield and gave it two stars – I remember struggling with it at the time. I’ve added to my list to try again.
I have about seven half finished reviews that I hope to post sometime this month.