Summer is officially over. No more lake weekends or leisurely lounging in the hammock with a stack of books next to me. My reading really dipped this month after Labor Day weekend. I read a total of five books and I’m only a few pages into my two current reads. At this point I’ll have to start over.
J returned to work full-time early September and he coaches youth hockey. I’ve been resuming all our house projects that went on hold the minute summer started. I hope to finish at least my currently reading list by the end of the month.
What I Read
- The Grace Year by Kim Liggett ★★
- Ember Queen (Ash Princess Trilogy, #3) by Laura Sebastian ★★★
- Fable (Fable, #1) by Adrienne Young ★★★★
- The Hollow Places by T. Kingfisher ★★★★
- The Space Between Worlds by Micaiah Johnson ★★★★
Almost everything I read in September was great. I enjoyed The Grace Year while reading it, it was paced well with a bit of a twist! I wasn’t enamored with the romantic story or ending, but still had some spooky vibes for the Fall! Finished the Ash Princess Trilogy and it is definitely the lowest rated of the series for me. The remaining three books were all awesome reads for me.
- Black Sun (Between Earth and Sky, #1) by Rebecca Roanhorse
- Kingdom of the Wicked (Kingdom of the Wicked, #1) by Kerri Maniscalco
Both debut this month and I’m hoping to finish before they are released. It’s been a slow reading month for me but hoping the colder weather with help with finishing these two ARCs!
I’ll be focusing on reading books I’ve already purchased or requested from my library. I’ll also be working my way through a backlog of reviews!