Hello March! Lots of great things happened this past month. I went on vacation and read a ton, worked like a dog so I could finally pay off one of my four student loans, and did a lot of wedding planning that I can rest easy for a while. I read 3,300 pages during my vacation.
You might notice the layout has changed. Ran into some issues with the other one so until I work out the kinks – here we are. Onward to the round up!
What I Read
- Lion’s Share (Wildcats, #1) by Rachel Vincent
- Blind Tiger (Wildcats, #2) by Rachel Vincent
- Small Wars (Sin du Jour, #1.5) by Matt Wallace* ★★★★
- A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic, #3) by V.E. Schwab
- An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1) by Sabaa Tahir
- Idle Ingredients (Sin du Jour,#4) by Matt Wallace
- The Guineveres by Sarah Domet
- This Is Our Story by Ashley Elston
- The Bird and the Sword (The Bird and the Sword, #1) by Amy Harmon
- Replica (Replica, #1) by Lauren Oliver
- Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas
- The Queen of Oz (Dorothy Must Die, #0.9) by Danielle Paige* ★
- The End of Oz (Dorothy Must Die, #4) by Danielle Paige* ★
- Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas
- Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas
- Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4) by Sarah J. Maas
(* means no review)
Did Not Finish
- A Murder in Time (Kendra Donovan, #1) by Julie McElwain | I really tried to like this, but I just couldn’t get into the story. I found it hard to connect to Kendra. I made it about halfway and (as you can see) I was a bit distracted by other books. Maybe I’ll try this again down the line but for now I’m done.
- War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy | 65% way through this!
- Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass, #5) by Sarah J. Maas | Four books deep and I can’t decide how I feel about this series. The writing and plot complexity have gotten better with each book but I could do with out the romance and the “give every character a love interest” necessity.
- Defy the Stars (Defy the Stars, #1) by Claudia Gray [4.4] | I love Gray’s Firebird trilogy, and the premise sounds interesting. Fingers crossed this doesn’t disappoint.
- Over the Hills and Far Away: The Life of Beatrix Potter by Matthew Dennison [4.4] | I think Beatrix Potter was a main influence in almost every child’s life and so I’m looking forward to Dennison’s biography.
- The Shadow Land by Elizabeth Kostova [4.11] | I’m a huge fan of Kostova’s The Historian and The Swan Thieves, so I’m really excited for her newest work to come out.
- Continue to crush it with War and Peace! Look for a few posts about that during April. Almost 60% of the way through now and looking to make my deadline!
- Reading consistently month to month is always a struggle. I went away for a week and did nothing but recover from my cold, sit on the beach, and read. While moments like that are nice I feel like I overload on reading when I have down time. I’d like to set more attainable reading goals month-to-month. Working on sorting this out in April.